Snacks & Treats
Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
By Julie Van Rosendaal, Dinner With Julie
Jan 27, 2016
These easy chocolatey brownies don’t have any flour at all—their structure comes from pureed black beans.
You Will Need:
- 1 19 oz (540 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the black beans, sugar, eggs, melted butter, cocoa, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth, pulsing and scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the beans are completely pureed.
3. Remove the blade and gently stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Pour into a buttered or parchment-lined 8 x 8-inch pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until slightly puffed and set. Cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 12-16 brownies.
Adapted from Whole Foods Market.
Add New Comment
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be
All Parents Have Issues, No Matter Where They Work
My Son is 11 and He’s Vaping — And Your Kid Might Be, Too
It’s Not Just Adults — Kids Struggle With Impostor Syndrome And Low Self-Esteem Too
5 Phrases You Can Use To Get Your Picky Eater Eating On Their Own