Snacks & Treats
Animal Cookies With Cake Batter Dip
By Jill Dubien, Meet The Dubiens
Mar 1, 2016
World Wildlife Day is March 3rd. What better way to celebrate than with food?! That’s certainly the way my kiddos like to bring in a special day.
These homemade animal cookies are a fun treat to make and the kids will love to help. Plus, the cake batter dip is so easy and delicious, you might just find yourself licking the bowl clean.
You Will Need:
- one package of premade sugar cookie mix (plus the ingredients to make—ours needed one stick of butter and one egg)
- assorted mini animal cookie cutters
- one box of rainbow bit cake mix
- two cups of Cool Whip
- two cups of vanilla yogurt
- sprinkles (optional)
1. Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package directions. Mix until dough is well combined.
2. Using flour, roll out your dough and cut out your mini animal shapes.
3. Place on a baking sheet and bake according to package directions until the edges just start to brown—about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
You'll Also Love: Cute And Easy Animal Sandwiches
4. Now let’s prepare the dip! In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry cake mix, two cups of cool whip and two cups of vanilla yogurt. Mix until well combined.
I like to add additional sprinkles at this point just to give it more colour.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve with cookies.
These sweet little animal cookies are adorable and delicious! Your kids will love making them and I bet they’ll love eating them too! Enjoy!
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend: 15 Books For Kids Dealing With Anxiety
Your Kids Won’t Remember All The Things You Did To Make Their Lives Better
I’m A Mom And I’ll Wear What I Want
Homework As We Know It Doesn’t Properly Serve Every Kind of Kid — So I Think I’m Done With It
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be