Snacks & Treats
Almond Butter Banana Bites: Moblees Recipe
Recipe by CK Colapinto
Photography by Jill Dubien
Brought to you by The Moblees
Feb 10, 2015
These creamy, nutty banana bites allow kids to help from start to finish. Look for a smooth almond butter with no added sugar or salt for a nutritious, satisfying snack.
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 Tbsp smooth almond butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 1/2 cup oat ‘O’ cereal (or other favorite cereal)
1. Slice each banana into 1 inch thick coins. Place on a plate and freeze for 5 minutes.
2. Crush cereal onto a plate and leave to the side.
3. Place almond butter in a bowl and microwave for 10 seconds, until warm.
4. Dip cut-side of the banana into the almond butter, so it is lightly coated, then stamp the same end into the crushed cereal.
Makes approximately 8 servings
Estimated nutrition information per serving (approximately 2 pieces)
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 15 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend: 15 Books For Kids Dealing With Anxiety
Your Kids Won’t Remember All The Things You Did To Make Their Lives Better
I’m A Mom And I’ll Wear What I Want
Homework As We Know It Doesn’t Properly Serve Every Kind of Kid — So I Think I’m Done With It
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be