Snacks & Treats
Almond-Butter and Banana Dessert Quesadillas
By CK Colapinto
Photography by Jill Dubien
Brought to you by The Moblees
Mar 24, 2015
These yummy quesadillas are a fun change from the typical peanut butter and banana sandwich. Look for smooth almond butter with no added sugar or salt. Try different fillings, like raisins, dried cranberries or quick cooking oats.
- 2 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tbsp smooth almond butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 1 medium banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp butter, unsalted
1. Spread the almond butter over the tortilla in a thin layer.
2. On low heat, melt butter in a frying pan. Use just enough butter to coat pan.
3. Lay down tortilla almond butter side up into frying pan.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips over almond butter then evenly distribute bananas on one half.
5. Let stand for one minute then fold tortilla in half. Cut into two pieces.
Makes approximately 4 servings
Estimated nutrition information per serving
(approximately 1 piece)
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 160 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 4 g
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend: 15 Books For Kids Dealing With Anxiety
Your Kids Won’t Remember All The Things You Did To Make Their Lives Better
I’m A Mom And I’ll Wear What I Want
Homework As We Know It Doesn’t Properly Serve Every Kind of Kid — So I Think I’m Done With It
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be