Casino offers $25K plastic surgery prize
Gamblers have always had the chance to leave Atlantic City, N.J., casinos with more than they came in with.
But the latest promotion at one casino takes that to a new extreme.
The Trump Taj Mahal will give $25,000 worth of plastic surgery to one lucky winner.
The winner from a player's card contest can mix and match various types of surgery, including breast jobs, tummy tucks, liposuction and face lifts, until the total hits $25,000.
"We wanted to change the face of a typical casino promotion, and with this one we are literally doing it," said Kathleen McSweeney, senior vice-president of marketing for Trump Entertainment Resorts.
"Many people have something they want to change; a nip and tuck here, a lift there, but the cost of these procedures can be quite costly," McSweeney said. "This promotion will allow the winner the opportunity to get the procedures of their choice."
Indeed it is.
According to the website infoplasticsurgery.com, which the casinos cite in their promotion:
- An arm lift can cost $5,000 to $6,500.
- Botox treatments range from $200 to $400 per area.
- Breast augmentation surgery costs $5,000 to $8,000.
- Chin or cheek implants cost $3,000 to $4,500.
- Liposuction can range from $2,500 to $10,000.
- A face-lift costs $7,000 to $9,000.
- Nose surgery is $5,000 to $6,000.
- Eyelid tucks are $4,000 to $5,500 (upper and lower included).
"People often want this surgery but they're reluctant to spend their own money to do it," McSweeney said. "Whether it's kids' tuition, or the mortgage or they just don't have that kind of money, this is their opportunity to get it done."
The contest runs Oct. 2 through 29, when the prize will be awarded.
The winner can take cash if he or she doesn't want the surgery.