How emissions tests that exposed VW scandal were done
Tour of California Air Resources Board's Haagen-Smit Laboratory
John Swanton, an air specialist with the California Air Resources Board, shows CBC reporter Kim Brunhuber the testing done in the lab and on the road similar to that which exposed the VW emissions fraud.
Watch the tour of the Air Resources Board's Haagen-Smit Laboratory in El Monte, Calif.
More on the VW emissions scandal
- How Volkswagen cheated on auto emissions tests
- EPA working with Canadian regulators to retest VW vehicles
- Martin Winterkorn, Volkswagen CEO, resigns amid emissions scandal
- ANALYSIS: VW's personal betrayal a sad lesson in business morality: Don Pittis
- CEO Martin Winterkorn "endlessly sorry" for VW emissions scandal
- Volkswagen Canada halts some sales as emissions rigging scandal deepens
- Volkswagen case echos similar scandals at GM, Toyota, Honda