Placido Domingo calls sexual misconduct accusations a 'nightmare'
Tenor plans to continue performing through 2021
Placido Domingo says accusations against him of sexual harassment in the United States have been "a nightmare."
Domingo said that he feels strong despite the difficulties, and intends to continue performing at least until the end of his planned engagements running through 2021.
On Friday, Spanish online newspaper El Confidencial published the 80-year-old opera legend's first interview since earlier this year, when The Associated Press reported allegations of sexual harassment made by multiple women against him.
Domingo denied the allegations.
He says Spaniards are naturally "warm, affectionate and loving," adding that he has always been "gallant," but "gallant gestures are viewed differently nowadays."
He says the accusations are given "automatic" credibility, and he feels "prematurely judged, sentenced and convicted."
The singer says he has not been formally accused of any crime.