Rob Ford the Musical 'must go on' despite health update
Musical comedy about Toronto's ailing mayor will open Thursday with 'alterations' says producer
Rob Ford's doctors are about to give a much-anticipated update on the Toronto mayor's health, but it seems there is no question about the future of the musical comedy about his life.
- VIDEO | Rob Ford The Musical producer says 'show must go on'
- Star of Rob Ford musical relieved audience was laughing
The mostly sold out production of Rob Ford the Musical: Birth of a Ford Nation will open as planned Thursday night, regardless of Wednesday’s health update.
- LIVE BLOG: The latest updates on Rob Ford's health
- Can Doug Ford win Toronto's race for mayor?
- Rob Ford tumour diagnosis: Do politicians have a right to medical privacy?
"The show must go on, and the show will go on,” said Brett McCaig, the show’s writer and producer.
“We did make some alterations to the show. We addressed the situation that is happening now, in a very small way, and we changed the ending.”
McCaig said Tuesday's preview of the musical was warmly received by the audience and that the show's run is largely sold out.
Rob Ford the Musical opens Thursday, with dates through Sept. 28.