Leonard Cohen adds Canadian tour dates
Leonard Cohen has announced new tour dates for his album Old Ideas that includes 10 shows in Canada.
This time the bard of Montreal is playing arenas, an unlikely venue for a musician given to introspective ballads. Yet Cohen seems to have more fans than ever with his new album becoming a bestseller.
Earlier this year he announced a European tour in support of Old Ideas.
He will tour North America beginning in October in Texas. The Canadian dates:
- Nov. 12, Rogers Arena, Vancouver.
- Nov. 16, Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary.
- Nov. 18, Rexall Place, Edmonton.
- Nov. 20, Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, Sask.
- Nov. 28, Bell Centre, Montreal.
- Dec. 2, Colisée Pepsi, Quebec City.
- Dec. 4, Air Canada Centre, Toronto.
- Dec. 7, Scotiabank Place, Ottawa.
- Dec. 11, John Labatt Centre, London, Ont.
- Dec. 13, K-Rock Centre , Kingston, Ont.
Cohen is due back in Canada later this month, to be honoured with the $50,000 Glenn Gould Prize on May 14.
In addition to a gala celebrating his musical achievement, a series of events will be held in Toronto to celebrate his work:
- A Leonard Cohen visual art exhibition.
- A youth songwriting workshop featuring Carole Pope, Ayah, Deborah Alexander and Blair Packham.
- Street tributes, with multiple artists interpreting Cohen songs.
- Screenings of Leonard Cohen-related films at the Toronto Jewish Film Festival.