Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes list of highest-paid actors
Dwayne Johnson elbowed Robert Downey Jr. aside to become the highest-paid actor with a fast and furious income of $64.5 million US, according to Forbes magazine.
The former wrestler beat out Jackie Chan with $61 million (all figures in US) and Matt Damon, who earned $55 million.
The rest of the top five on the list, released Thursday, included Tom Cruise with $53 million and Johnny Depp with $48 million.
The top guys make more money than the top ladies.
Forbes' list of the highest-paid actresses, released earlier this week, put Jennifer Lawrence on top with $46 million, Melissa McCarthy with $33 million and Scarlett Johansson with $25 million.
All the data is from between June 1, 2015, and June 1, 2016, before fees and taxes.
Forbes magazine: The world's 10 highest-paid actors
- Dwayne Johnson, U.S. ($64 million)
- Jackie Chan, China ($61 million)
- Matt Damon, U.S. ($55 million)
- Tom Cruise, U.S. ($53 million)
- Johnny Depp, U.S. ($48 million)
- Ben Affleck, U.S. ($43 million)
- Vin Diesel, U.S. ($35 million)
- Shah Rukh Khan, India ($33 million)
- Robert Downey Jr., U.S. ($33 million)
- Akshay Kumar, India ($31.5 million)
- Brad Pitt, U.S. ($31.5 million)