Céline Dion to return to Las Vegas
Céline Dion is returning to Sin City, with the Quebec-born singer confirming on Wednesday rumours that she will reprise a new residency show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Describing the new gig as "coming back home," Dion revealed she will debut an all-new show at the resort-casino's The Colosseum venue on March 15, 2011.
"The repertoire is going to be extraordinary … a mix of timeless Hollywood classics, along with all the favourites that my fans like to hear me sing," she said in a statement.
"I think we'll be raising the bar higher than we've ever done before."
The show's theme will be "the romance of classic Hollywood movies" and will feature Dion backed by a full orchestra of 31 musicians, organizers said.
Dion made headlines in November when she revealed that attempts to have a second child (with the help of fertility treatments) with husband René Angélil had failed. The couple already has a son, René-Charles, who was conceived with the help of fertility treatments.
The award-winning singer's A New Day closed at The Colosseum (which had been designed and custom-built for the show) in 2007, following a sold-out, five-year extended run.
Since then, Dion released her English-language studio album Taking Chances as well as a greatest hits album titled My Love: Essential Collection, and embarked on a yearlong, global Taking Chances tour in that brought her to five continents and drew more than three million fans.
Most recently, she was in Los Angeles to participate in a charity cover of We Are The World to benefit Haitian earthquake victims and to perform in a tribute to the late Michael Jackson at the Grammy Awards.