Smithsonian won't pull Cosby-funded art exhibit after charges
Spokesman for National Museum of African Art says exhibit will close as scheduled on Jan. 24
The criminal charges filed Wednesday against Bill Cosby won't lead to any changes to a Cosby-funded art exhibit at a Smithsonian museum.
- Bill Cosby charged with sex offence over 2004 incident
- Bill Cosby's art collection to remain at Smithsonian
Eddie Burke, a spokesman for the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art, said Wednesday that the exhibit will close as scheduled on Jan. 24. He says no changes will be made to a posted disclaimer that says the museum does not condone Cosby's alleged behaviour.
About a third of the works on display in the exhibit come from the private collection of Cosby and his wife, Camille. Cosby also funded the exhibit with a $716,000 gift.
Smithsonian officials debated whether to pull the exhibit after revelations about Cosby's behaviour with women in court documents unsealed earlier this year. Cosby was charged Wednesday with aggravated indecent assault.