Windsor

A cigarette likely the cause of fire at Leamington's Top Line farms

An "improperly discarded cigarette," was likely the cause of a fire at Westmoreland-Top Line Farms in Leamington, ON Saturday night, according to a tweet from the Leamington Fire Department.

Fire department says potential losses may reach $2.3 million

The Leamington Fire Department responded to the fire Saturday evening. (Leamington Fire Department/Twitter)

An "improperly discarded cigarette," was likely the cause of a fire at Westmoreland-Top Line Farms in Leamington, ON Saturday night, according to a tweet from the Leamington Fire Department.

According to another tweet from the department, the loss could potentially reach $2.3 million.

The department responded to a fire on Essex Road around 6:20 p.m. 

The scene was cleared around 10 p.m. 

Officials credited fire sprinklers for helping to contain the fire.

now