Windsor

Grease fire in Windsor causes $100K in damage: fire department

One person was treated for minor burns in a house fire on Tuesday afternoon, according to Windsor's fire department.

2 people displaced by fire on Lauzon Road on Tuesday

The fire on Lauzon Road caused an estimated $100,000 in damage and two people have been displaced, according to Windsor's fire department. (Tom Addison/CBC)

A house fire on Tuesday afternoon was caused by an accidental grease fire in the kitchen, according to Windsor's fire department.

One person was treated for a minor burn at the home on Lauzon Road, the fire department said in a series of tweets Tuesday.

Two people are displaced as a result of the fire, and damage is estimated at $100,000.

At about 5:30 p.m., the fire department tweeted that the flames had been extinguished.

More from CBC Windsor

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.

Become a CBC Member

Join the conversation  Create account

Already have an account?

now