Windsor

Fire at Salvation Army in Windsor causes $75K in damage

 Windsor Fire & Rescue Service says a Sunday afternoon blaze at the Salvation Army residence on Church Street has caused $75,000 in damage.

Fire caused by extension cord failure in gym

The Salvation Army shelter in Windsor is seen in a file photo. (CBC)

Windsor Fire & Rescue Service says a Sunday afternoon blaze at the Salvation Army residence on Church Street has caused $75,000 in damage.

The fire was cased by the failure of an extension cord in the gym, the department said on Twitter, adding that all residents have since returned to their suites.

According to the fire department, the facility's sprinkler system did a great job of controlling the spread of the fire.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.

Become a CBC Member

Join the conversationCreate account

Already have an account?

now