Windsor

Grease fire rips through Leamington home, causes $150K in damage

A grease fire ripped through a Leamington home on Friday afternoon, causing $150,000 in damage.

Fire started in pot on stove inside Oak Street home, damage estimated at $150K

Leamington Fire Services tweeted several photos of a home where a fire broke out on Friday. (@LeamingtonFire1/Twitter)

A grease fire ripped through a Leamington home on Friday afternoon, causing $150,000 in damage.

Deputy Chief Mike Bradt told CBC News that the fire started in a pot on a stove at the home on Oak Street.

Bradt said the home was considered a "total loss," as a result of the fire.

Two people inside the home suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital.

The fire department had tweeted that "careless cooking" was the cause of the fire.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.

now