Windsor

Fire rips through Advantage Engineering in Oldcastle

There was a fire at Advantage Engineering on North Talbot Road in Oldcastle on Sunday night.
A faulty machine is said to be the cause of a fire at Advance Engineering in Oldcastle. (Tecumseh Fire Rescue Service/Twitter)

There was a fire at Advantage Engineering on North Talbot Road in Oldcastle on Sunday night.

The fire started because of a faulty machine, according to the Tecumseh fire department.

There was heavy smoke coming from the building when the first crew arrived at about 10 p.m., so a second truck was called in.

Damages are expected to be about $200,000, according to Tecumseh fire.

Clarifications

  • A previous version of this story indicated the $1-million fire occurred at Advance Engineering.
    Jul 18, 2016 3:10 PM ET

now