Dryer fire causes $80k in damages to multi-unit dwelling in Chatham

Two Chatham-Kent fire stations were called to Sandy Street at 12:30 a.m. last night and quickly put out the fire before it spread beyond the laundry room.

Residents were able to get out safely

Crews put out a fire at 349 Sandy St. in Chatham after a dryer caught fire. (Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Rescue Services )

A blaze at a multi-unit dwelling in Chatham is out after a dryer caught fire, causing $80,000 in damages.

Two Chatham-Kent fire stations were called to Sandy Street at 12:30 a.m. last night and were able to extinguish the fire before it spread beyond the laundry room.

The blaze caused heavy smoke damage.

Smoke alarms notified residents of the fire and no injuries were reported.