$365 K damage in Windsor high-rise fire, injured tenant improving
Damage is estimated at $365,000 a fire at a high-rise apartment building in Windsor last Friday.
The Ontario Fire Marshall's office checked things out at 810 Ouellette Avenue and deemed the cause to be accidental.
The person who lived in the apartment where the fire started is still in the hospital is doing better, according to a Tweet from the fire department.
Their condition was described to be critical on Friday.
Kelcie Drouillard lives in the building, and said there were some anxious moments.
"My boyfriend told me that there was a fire on the 11th and it was real, so I started packing up my son's diaper bag, getting us ready to go, and then the announcement came on, telling us just to stay where we are, it was under control," said Drouillard.
The fire started in the bedroom of an apartment on the 11th floor.
Raid Ghani's parents live on the 3rd floor.
"We were scared actually," said Ghani. "There was so many people downstairs and so many alarms and police cars. They closed the roads and it was quite serious. There was smoke."