What you can't bring to Pan Am Games venues
Games organizers issue list of more than 30 banned items and actions at venues
Frisbees, flags and canoes are just some of the 25 banned items that appear on a list issued by the event's organizers Tuesday.
Here's a list of some items not permitted inside the venues. They are subject to confiscation:
- Knives, pepper spray and noxious substances (kirpans excepted)
- Martial arts equipment
- Chains, padlocks and other lock-on devices
- Flammable liquids or spray paint
- Illicit narcotics
- Glass bottles and cans (with the exception of empty personal aluminum water bottles and baby bottles)
- Banners, signs or materials displaying messages, slogans or images that advocate or could incite hatred, racism or violence; are sexually or violently graphic or deemed unsuitable for a family audience.
- Large bags including knapsacks, containers, coolers and ice chests. [not to exceed 9" x 5" x 11" (23 cm x 13 cm x 28 cm)]
- Outside food or beverage. (exceptions include baby formula, baby food and single-serving portions for those with dietary restrictions)
- Outside alcohol
Organizers say the following actions are restricted in venues:
- Unauthorized broadcasting, recording or transmitting any event taking place within a venue through the use of personal or professional devices such as smartphones, tablets and video cameras.
- Flash photography or the use of other lighting devices anywhere around the field of play.
- Ambush marketing of any kind including unauthorized commercial or promotional activities; attempting to distribute leaflets, pamphlets, non-approved publications, wearable items or premium giveaways; attempting to create an unauthorized brand affinity or presence; and unauthorized selling or possessing items with intent to sell.