Toronto police say Airbnb shooting that left 3 dead was likely murder-suicide

Toronto police announced on Tuesday that a deadly shooting at a downtown Airbnb was likely a murder-suicide. 

1 shot in the throat, 1 in the abdomen, 1 in the head, police said on Monday

Toronto police are continuing to investigate a triple fatal shooting that happened on the 32nd floor of this condo building. (CBC)

Toronto police announced on Tuesday that a deadly shooting at a downtown Airbnb was likely a murder-suicide. 

The violent incident that has shocked many in the city left three dead and two wounded. 

The victims have been identified as Jalen Colley, 21, and Joshua Gibson-Skeir, 20, who police say lived in Brampton but CBC News has confirmed hailed from Nova Scotia, and Tyronne Noseworthy, 19, of Toronto.

Police still aren't saying who opened fire first or who died by suicide.

"While it will be weeks before a complete narrative of the incident can be determined, given the investigative work that continues, initial evidence does indicate that two men were murdered and one man died by suicide," said Const. Alex Li in an email statement.

"We are not yet in a position to confirm or deny any other aspect of the ongoing investigation."

Late Monday, police released the cause of death of the three young men. Colley died of a gunshot wound to his throat, Gibson-Skeir died of a gunshot wound to his abdomen and Noseworthy died of gunshot wound to his head.

Two of the victims are considered to be Toronto's seventh and eighth homicide victims of the year.

Preliminary autopsies done on Monday

Preliminary autopsies were done on Monday and the results were received the same day.

Police said in the release that the investigation is ongoing. No other details about the victims have been released. Police have not released a photo of Gibson-Skeir.

On Friday at about 10:20 p.m., police were called to 85 Queens Wharf Rd. for reports of a shooting.

The shooting happened in a unit on the 32nd floor of a condo on Queens Wharf Road, near Bathurst Street and Fort York Boulevard, before spilling into the hallway. 

Toronto police say Jalen Colley, 21, left, died of a gunshot wound to the throat, while Tyronne Noseworthy, 19, died of a gunshot wound to the head. Another victim not pictured here, Joshua Gibson-Skeir, 20, died of a gunshot wound to his abdomen. (Toronto Police Service)

Two of the men were pronounced dead at the scene, a third in hospital. A fourth man, 20, was taken to hospital with serious injuries. A fifth sustained a minor cut and is cooperating with police. 

Police have said there are no outstanding suspects. "Preliminary investigation indicates that the shooters involved are now deceased," police said in a release on Saturday.

Police have not revealed what they think is the motive for the shooting or the sequence of events that led up to it.

Two firearms have been recovered from the condo building.

In an interview with Toronto's CP24 on Monday night, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said the incident began at a birthday party.

Anyone who was in the area at the time or who has relevant information is urged to call police at 416-808-7400, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).

With files from Nathan Crocker, John Rieti