Etobicoke double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured

One man is dead and another injured after a double shooting in Etobicoke Saturday night.

Police looking through video surveillance footage for clues

Police have obtained surveillance footage from a nearby business in hopes of getting more information on who may be responsible. (Patrick Morell/CBC News)

One man is dead and another injured after a double shooting in Etobicoke Saturday night.

Const. David Hopkinson said Toronto police learned around 8:40 p.m. that there had been a shooting outside a Lone Star Texas Grill near Dixon Road and Carlingview Drive. Police arrived at the scene and found two victims already shot. 

Dozens of police markers dotted the parking lot Sunday indicating where more than 20 bullet casings fell on the ground. A white Range Rover remained at the scene, its door pockmarked by bullets.

Police markers indicate the more than two dozen bullet casings littered around an Etobicoke restaurant parking lot after a double shooting Saturday that killed one man and injured another. (Patrick Morrell/CBC News)

Police say they have no information on the suspects or in what direction they may have fled.

V.J. Mathura was at the Lone Star restaurant near Pearson airport when he witnessed the chaos outside following the double shooting.

"I saw the gentleman in the SUV roll towards the sign," Mathura said. 

"When I came outside, I saw the gentleman slumped over the wheel and I saw the police cars all around. Taping up everywhere right away."

The man he saw died at the scene. Investigators told CBC News later Sunday that a post-mortem examination will be done on Monday morning.

Police remained at the shooting scene Sunday morning, laying down markers near bullet casings and other evidence. (CBC News)
The injured victim — who was a passenger in the SUV — remained in critical condition Sunday.

At a business next door, Nav King said police were looking through his surveillance footage.

"Maybe they can find something on the cameras but I can't say anything right now," King said.

Hopkinson said he received information that one restaurant in the area was on lockdown following the shooting. 

Police have not released any details on the deceased or the victim. There also isn't any information on who may be responsible.