Toronto

Police offer $50K reward for info leading to arrest of man connected to playground shooting

Police are offering a $50,000 reward for any information that will lead to the arrest of a man wanted in connection to a shooting that injured two sisters at a Scarborough playground last year.

Shooting occurred at a Scarborough playground on June 14, 2018

T'Quan Robertson is wanted in connection to a shooting at a Scarborough playground on June 14, 2018 that injured two girls. (Toronto Police Service)

Police are offering a $50,000 reward for any information that will lead to the arrest of a man wanted in connection to a shooting that injured two sisters at a Scarborough playground last year.

T'Quan Robertson is one of four men police allege are involved in the incident that sent the five- and nine-year-old to hospital on June 14, 2018.

The 24-year-old is wanted on charges of attempted murder and aggravated assault.

"I'm very confident someone out in the community knows where Mr. Robertson is, and we need that phone call," Deputy Chief Peter Yuen said during a news conference on Tuesday.

"Mr. Robertson, there's nowhere to go. We will apprehend you sooner rather than later so do the right thing," Yuen continued.

He added that anyone harbouring Robertson could be charged with accessory after the fact.

10 rounds shot into playground: Police

The shooting took place at a housing complex at 10 Alton Towers Circle, near McCowan Road and Steeles Avenue.

Police allege two men shot a total of ten rounds into the crowded playground, targeting another man who was with his child but striking the sisters instead.

Two sisters, aged five and nine, were injured in this Scarborough playground. after two men shot a total of ten rounds into the crowd, police say. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)

The nine-year-old girl received a gunshot wound to the leg, just above the ankle, and the five-year-old girl received a bullet to the abdomen.

Police have made two arrests in connection with the shooting, while another man was charged with accessory after the fact. 

The reward is part of what Crime Stoppers Toronto Chair Sean Sportun called an "unprecedented partnership" between police, Crime Stoppers and a non-profit public safety group called the Bolo Program. 

A campaign is also being launched that will feature billboards, advertising trucks, digital displays and a social media program.

Sportun said the reward will only be offered up to Dec. 25, 2019, "so if you have something to say, say it now."

The reward is fully funded by Canadian charity the Stephan Crétier Foundation, said Bolo program director Maxime Langlois.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

With files from The Canadian Press