Toronto

Alleged Toronto mosque killer's case put over to late January

A man accused of killing a 58-year-old Muslim man outside a Toronto mosque has had his case remanded until late January.

Guilherme (William) Von Neutegem faces 1st-degree murder charge in the death of Mohamed-Aslim Zafis

Guilherme 'William' Von Neutegem, 34, is accused of stabbing 58-year-old Mohamed-Aslim Zafis while he was sitting outside the mosque in September. (Guilherme Von Neutegem/Facebook)

A man accused of killing a 58-year-old Muslim man outside a Toronto mosque has had his case remanded until late January.

Guilherme (William) Von Neutegem faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of Mohamed-Aslim Zafis, who was stabbed outside the International Muslim Organization on Sept. 12.

Police have said the two did not appear to know each other. 

The lawyer for Von Neutegem says they've received some disclosure, but expects much more in the ensuing months.

The Canadian Anti-Hate Network has alleged that social media accounts under the name William Von Neutegem show a chant and symbol on YouTube associated with a neo-Nazi group that encourages killings.

CBC News previously confirmed Von Neutegem follows at least one Facebook group devoted to the group, has a Nazi symbol on his Instagram account and has posted a chant linked to the hate cult on YouTube. A source with knowledge of the investigation confirmed that the accounts belong to Von Neutegem.

With files from CBC News

now