'Ten Quirky Questions' with Gill Deacon
So many talents, but tap dancing is the one that got away
Our CBC Toronto hosts and reporters are used to asking the tough questions, but now we're putting these journos in the hot seat. Our second guest: Gill Deacon. Get to know the Here & Now host with a few telling questions based on Marcel Proust's famous questionnaire.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Making stuff --food, music, art, play-- with and for people I love.
2. What is your greatest extravagance?
3. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I know that Tallulah Bankhead performed on television and radio and also sang, but I'm pretty sure the similarities end there. For one thing she could tap dance.
4. What is your most marked characteristic?
5. What is your favourite summertime activity in Toronto or the GTA?
Kayaking around Lake Ontario.
6. Which talent would you most like to have?
7. Which living person do you most admire?
Greta Thunberg fills me with awe and with hope. And I'd love to see Malala Yousafzai run the whole show.
8. What is your motto?
"When in doubt, do the friendliest thing."
9. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Raising three young men who are kind, curious, funny, justice-seeking artists.
10. What do you most look forward to doing when Covid restrictions are lifted?
Being in a crowded venue with hundreds of strangers all being moved and enchanted together by the magic of live theatre and music.
- To get to know our Metro Morning host, read 10 Quirky Questions with Ismaila Alfa