'Serving Up Change' series
How Toronto restaurants and communities are getting back to business
The pandemic has hit small businesses hard, leaving the restaurant industry badly bruised. But as patios open up and things begin to feel cautiously optimistic, what happens next?
CBC Toronto's Serving Up Change series is about the power of community. How residents are supporting local businesses and how in some cases, those businesses are repaying the debt and helping those in need.
In community partnership with the City of Toronto and its CaféTO program, this Communications-led series will tell stories from five regions of Toronto. See how restaurant owners, real people, are getting back to business and what change could look like.
- It takes a village to raise up a restaurant (Bloor West Village feature)
- Corso Italia for the (restaurant) win!
- Running a restaurant in a "ghost town" (Downtown Toronto feature)
- Made-in-Scarborough solution for restaurateurs
- We the North (North York that is)
- Get to know the Humans of the Danforth