10 Quirky Questions with Kelda Yuen
Get to know the CBC Toronto at 11 host through this quizzical questionnaire
Our CBC Toronto hosts and reporters are used to asking the tough questions, but now we're putting these journos in the hot seat. Next up: Kelda Yuen, host of CBC Toronto at 11. Get to know Kelda with a few telling questions based on Marcel Proust's famous questionnaire.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Fits of laughter over a delicious meal shared with those I love.
2. What is your motto?
"Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keeping going. No feeling is final."
-Rainer Maria Rilke
3. What is your favourite summertime activity in Toronto or the GTA?
A stroll around Toogood Pond, followed by ice cream on Main Street in Unionville.
4. Which talent would you most like to have?
5. What is your favourite journey?
My trip to North Korea. The most unforgettably bizarre and fascinating trip I've ever taken.
6. Which living person do you most admire?
All the young activists and changemakers standing up against injustices around the world.
7. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being able to tell stories for a living. As a journalist, it's been such a privilege to get to meet people from so many different backgrounds, and to share their stories.
8. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Villains are more fun.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
My memories (and my external hard drive that contains all those memories as photos).
10. Who are your favourite writers?
Joan Didion and Patti Smith.