Barrie police seize pot from home where fire, explosion occurred
Barrie police say they have found marijuana and marijuana resin inside a home where a fire and related explosion occurred Friday.
Police believe the fire at 59 Collette Cres., resulted from drug-related activity.
"We suspect that the explosion was due to butane canisters exploding within the garage while marijuana resin was being extracted," Const. Sarah Bamford told CBC News.
At this point, no charges have been laid.
But police say there is potential for charges to be laid, based on the drugs they seized.
Four adults, who were in the home's garage, were seriously hurt in the fire and explosion.
As of Monday, two of those people remain in critical condition, while the other two are in serious condition.
Police have not been able to interview those individuals so far, as a result of their injuries.
Click on the video to see a full report from the CBC's Greg Ross.