3 people, pets rescued from Bloor-Lansdowne fire
A woman was sent to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and a number of pets were rescued from a house fire in the Bloor and Lansdowne area early Thursday.
It happened at a home on St. Helens Avenue at around 1 a.m.
Three people and a number of pets — including cats, turtles, gerbils and birds — were rescued from the home, though firefighters were unable to save several other animals inside.
It's believed the fire was started by a candle.
There were several fire alarms in the home, but none were working.