COVID-19 by the numbers in northeastern Ontario — vaccinations and cases in our area
This information is updated twice daily.
AstraZeneca vaccines are being offered to those age 40 and up at select pharmacies across Ontario, starting April 20. You can see a list of pharmacies offering the vaccine here. Contact the pharmacy directly for vaccine availability and to book an appointment.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts:
- 66,086 people have received vaccinations (7,175 fully vaccinated, and 58,911 first doses)
- The health unit is offering appointments to those 60 and older, as well as Indigenous adults and health care workers. You can call 705-674-2299 or toll-free at 1-800-708-2505 to book an appointment between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., seven days a week. You can also book an appointment online. For more details on clinic dates, visit the health unit's website.
Porcupine Health Unit:
- 24,317 people have received vaccinations (first and/or second doses).
- People 60 years and older can book an appointment as well as Indigenous adults. Eligible recipients can phone 1-800-461-1818 to book an appointment or visit the health unit's website.
Timiskaming Health Unit:
- 11,177 people have received vaccinations (first and/or second doses).
- The health unit says vaccination clinics for those 60 and older are now fully booked. It says future clinics will be announced as vaccine supply is confirmed. More information is posted on the health unit's website.
Algoma Health Unit:
- 30,716 people have received vaccinations. (2,871 fully vaccinated and 27,845 first doses).
- Vaccine appointments are being offered to those 60 and older, education workers, health care workers, faith leaders, adult recipients of chronic home care and Indigenous adults.
- For more information or to book an appointment, visit the health unit's website.
North Bay-Parry Sound District Health Unit:
- 34,159 people have received vaccinations. (1,924 fully vaccinated and 32,235 first doses).
- Appointments are being booked for those 60 and older. You can book by phone by calling 1-800-563-2808 and choosing option 5. You can also book online by visiting the health unit's website.
COVID-19 case counts, as of April 21:
- There are currently 326 active cases in northeastern Ontario — 149 in Public Health Sudbury & Districts, 100 in the Porcupine Health Unit's area, 22 in the Timiskaming Health Unit area, 43 in the Algoma Health Unit region and 12 in the North Bay Parry Sound health unit district.
- There have been a total of 3,188 confirmed cases since the pandemic began.
- According to health unit data, there are at least 2,802 recovered cases in the region.
- A total of 60 people have died from COVID-19 in northeastern Ontario.
- Northeastern Ontario health units are reporting that at least 597,976 tests have been conducted for the COVID-19 virus.
Cases by health unit in northeastern Ontario:
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts: 1,868
- Porcupine Health Unit: 529
- Timiskaming Health Unit: 154
- Algoma Public Health: 304
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit: 333