COVID-19 outbreak notice rescinded at St. Paul's Hospital in Saskatoon
Hospital removed from outbreak list on Tuesday
The Ministry of Health has removed a Saskatoon hospital from its official list of outbreaks across the province.
St. Paul's Hospital's 6 Medicine unit was added to Saskatchewan's official list of outbreaks on Tuesday.
The ministry did not provide details about how the accident occurred, but a representative apologized for the error.
Royal University Hospital's trauma and orthopedics unit was added to the outbreak list on Nov. 20 and has not been removed.
According to the province, outbreaks are confirmed when there are two or more individuals with COVID-19 and transmission likely occurred in a non-household setting.
Earlier this year, Victoria Hospital in Prince Albert and the Lloydminster Hospital also had outbreaks in their facilities.
The province said the outbreak would remain listed until it's declared over by a Saskatchewan Health Authority medical health officer.
CBC Saskatchewan wants to hear how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted you. Share your story with our online questionnaire.
- A previous version of this story said that St. Paul's Hospital had been added to the province's list of outbreaks. This has been changed.Dec 03, 2020 5:57 AM CT