Saskatoon fire crews kept busy with apartment, garage fires
Apartment fire on Confederation Drive does about $10,000 in damage
Fire crews in Saskatoon were very busy on Saturday night dealing with multiple calls.
At 6:25 p.m. CST, the fire department received a call about smoke at home at 309 Avenue D N. Fire crews found an extinguished fire behind a dryer. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated to be under $1,000.
A few hours later, fire crews were called to an apartment fire at 895 Confederation Drive at 9:45 p.m. The entire building had to be evacuated. One woman was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital. The fire is under investigation. Damage is estimated at about $10,000.
Ten minutes later, firefighters were called to a garage fire at 325 Avenue E S. Crews got the fire under control in about five minutes. There were no injuries.