Saskatchewan online camping reservations start next week
Staggered launch scheduled over month of April
Outdoor enthusiasts trying to get first dibs on a campsite site this year should get ready. The government is preparing to launch its campsite reservation system for 2016.
The online reservation system will launch on Monday at 7 a.m. CST. The province has staggered reservation dates over the span of ten days to make sure the website doesn't crash.
A queuing system for registration has also been set up. Starting at 6:40 a.m., anyone in the online queue will receive a random number and be allowed to register based on that. Anyone registering at 7 a.m. or later will be added to the back of the line.
Here's this year's schedule.
- Monday, April 11: Blackstrap, Pike Lake
- Tuesday, April 12: Buffalo Pound, Danielson, Douglas
- Wednesday, April 13: Echo Valley, Rowan's Ravine
- Thursday, April 14: Duck Mountain, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake
- Friday, April 15: Crooked Lake, Moose Mountain
- Saturday, April 16: Cypress Hills
- Sunday, April 17: The Battlefords, Saskatchewan Landing
- Monday, April 18: Meadow Lake
- Tuesday, April 19: Bronson Forest, Chitek Lake, Lac La Ronge, Makwa Lake
- Wednesday, April 20: Candle Lake, Great Blue Heron, Narrow Hills
Due to last year's forest fires, Nemeiben and Wadin Bay Campgrounds will open for reservations later in the spring.
You can find a link to the registration site here.