Saskatoon country bar Outlaws closing until further notice
Facebook post says bar plans reopening 'when the we get the green light to open back up'
A country bar in Saskatoon appears to have closed its doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Outlaws Country Rock Bar announced via Facebook that it will be closed until an unspecified time in the future, when it will have a "grand reopening."
"We are taking a little break, it has been our pleasure serving you for all of these years, we are committed to being here when the we get the green light to open back up," the bar said on Facebook.
The bar did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CBC News.
On Oct. 23, the Saskatchewan Health Authority announced there had been potential COVID-19 exposure at Outlaws on Oct. 10.
On that night, the bar was hosting a "Canadian Tuxedo night."
A couple of days after the health authority announcement, public health officials said they had linked eight cases of COVID-19 to the bar.
CBC News had reached out for comment at the time, but did not receive a response.
Last Friday, the provincial government announced new pandemic measures that include a 10 p.m. cutoff for restaurant and bar alcohol sales.
A letter signed by hundreds of doctors in the province has called for a temporary closure of all bars and nightclubs.
With files from Guy Quenneville