Saskatoon

Fatal Hudson Bay, Sask., house fire deemed non-suspicious

Hudson Bay RCMP say a fatal house fire was due to electrical problems within the house.

Cause of fire determined to be 'electrical in nature'

A 51-year-old man is dead after a fatal house fire, which police say was caused by electrical issues. (CBC)

RCMP say a fatal house fire in Hudson Bay, Sask., was due to electrical issues and is not considered suspicious. 

Fire crews were called to a home in Hudson Bay just before 7 a.m. CST Monday. They found a 51-year-old man inside.

The man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy is scheduled for later this week in Saskatoon.

The victim's name is not being released.

Hudson Bay is located 330 kilometres northeast of Saskatoon.