Saskatoon

Building evacuated after gas line punctured on Spadina Crescent E.

The Saskatoon Fire Department was busy responding to a natural gas line break Monday night.

Accident happened at open excavation pit, no property damage reported

Saskatoon firefighters responded Monday to a report of a natural gas smell on the 700 block of Spadina Crescent E. (Albert Couillard/CBC)

The Saskatoon Fire Department was busy responding to a natural gas line break Monday night.

Crews were called to the 700 block of Spadina Crescent E. after natural gas was smelled around 9:30 p.m. CST.

After a quick investigation, it was found a gas line had been punctured in an open excavation site.

A nearby building was emptied and the area was blocked off.

SaskEnergy was called and the leak was fixed.

No one was hurt and no property was damaged.