Wood stove source of fatal house fire on northern Sask. reserve
2 died in Dec. 29 blaze on Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation
A wood stove was source of a house fire on a northern reserve that killed two people last week, fire officials say.
However, the exact nature of the malfunction wasn't disclosed by the office of the fire commissioner.
Donna Kay, 61, and 10-year-old Teegan Ahenakew, 10, died Dec. 29 when the home burned on Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation.
Two men made it out of the house after the fire started. They were treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials said the fire was an accident.