Wanted: 18 big turkeys for Souls Harbour's Thanksgiving meal
Soup kitchen also needs milk, salad, buns and other items
A Regina soup kitchen says it's in urgent need of 18 large turkeys for its annual Thanksgiving meal.
The annual appeal comes as Souls Harbour Rescue Mission gears up for the Oct. 7 event at the Dean Smith Youth Centre, located at 1475 Athol St.
It's also looking for mugs and small gift items to make up 750 "warm up for winter mugs" for men, women and children.
All donations must be received by noon on Oct. 4 at the Souls Harbour Soup Kitchen at 1836 Halifax St. The kitchen is open on weekdays only.
In adding to the turkeys, other items the charity still needs to complete the holiday meal include:
- five 4-litre jugs of milk
- 200 small boxes (120 g) of stuffing mix
- 17 large (120 g) packages of gravy mix
- 25 large (3-kg) bags of tossed lettuce salad
- 80 small cans (337 ml) of cranberry sauce
- 93 small or 60 large pumpkin pies
- 2-4 litre bottles of ranch dressing
- 50 cans of whipped cream (aerosol cans)
- 20 litres (5 x 3.78 litre jars) of pickles
- 63 dozen dinner buns
- 390 individual butter/margarine
- 45 large (50 cm x 30 cm x 8 cm) tin pans