What are Saskatchewan's hidden food gems?
From the Little Red Market Cafe in Mortlach to Tilli-Beans in Wolseley, get ready to eat
Saskatchewan residents have a hunger for hidden gems.
On Tuesday, CBC Radio's Blue Sky asked listeners to suggest their favourite lesser-known food spots in Saskatchewan. The phone lines lit up, Twitter notifications piled high, and emails came pouring in.
Here are some of the suggestions callers made:
- Meg's Restaurant in Saskatoon.
- Harvest Eatery in Shaunavon.
- The Grotto in Vibank.
- The Katepwa Hotel in Katepwa.
- Sherry's on Grand in Indian Head.
- The Odd Couple in Saskatoon.
- AM Bistro in Hafford.
- Beaver Grill Express in North Battleford.
- Mary's Place in Milestone.
- The Highway Inn in Herbert.
- The Red Coat Inn in Hazenmore.
- The Star Cafe in Maple Creek.
- Hannigan's in Biggar.
- Nickle's Corner in Melfort.
- The Hollows in Saskatoon.
- The Red Barn in Moosomin.
- Vicki's On 1 in Grenfell.
- The Spice Trail in Prince Albert.
- Peyton's Cafe in Watson.
- Rawhides in Stenen.
Here are some of the food stops suggested on Twitter:
If the hotel in Whitebear Saskatchewan isn't on this list then the list isn't complete.—@TallGrassShirts
Casey's in Swift Current! Best Chinese buffet in Saskatchewan.—@BearsIH
Twisted sisters in Chamberlain for ice cream 🍦—@mrsmjsmith
Wongs Cafe in Canora.—@habpipes
Russel up some grub, Swift Current—@drfjgarcia
Flavours Humboldt sk—@dillyb8r
Deja vu in Moose Jaw—@pdvernichuk
<a href="https://twitter.com/redmarketsk">@redmarketsk</a> in Mortlach!—@shaggybear_15
In <a href=" https://twitter.com/hashtag/yxe?src=hash">#yxe</a> : Rook & Raven. Best fish & chips city. In Yorkton: Wanders Sweet Discoveries and Arigato sushi (across the street)—@CatlinHogan
Somewhere Else! offers homey atmosphere during lunch/supper time. never been for the jam sessions; I'm sure it's good! <a href=" https://twitter.com/hashtag/yxe?src=hash">#yxe</a> Broadway <a href=" https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avalon?src=hash">#Avalon</a>—@Carollafun
BLT at Ross Foods on 4th ave E & McDonald.—@stoughtonfreak
<a href="https://twitter.com/BlueSkyCBC">@BlueSkyCBC</a> Lil's Diner in Blaine Lake. Great homemade food. And a poutine extreme to die for.—@nick_osachoff
<a href="https://twitter.com/BlueSkyCBC">@BlueSkyCBC</a> I'd be in trouble if I didn't give a shout out to my mom's classic small town Sunday brunch at Cabri Hotel! Basic, but great.—@awomanwonders
Danish Oven donuts (Humboldt), Watrous Bakery, Pizza: Greek Palace Hwy 2&5 junction, Swen Cafe (Kinistino), Sausage: Prime Meats (St Gregor)—@682Duke
Totally missed the call-in, but this weekend found Burger Cabin in Moose Jaw and the Tennis Club near the leg in Regina. Both great.—@BryanSarauer
- MORE SASKATCHEWAN NEWS | Of the companies taking over STC routes, only 1 providing service off Highway 11 so far
- MORE SASKATCHEWAN NEWS | Police dogs that bit bystanders just following their training, says Regina police
With files from CBC Radio's Blue Sky