Sask. Crown executive takes home more than $500K in last fiscal year
More than 10 Crown executives earned more than $400K
More than 10 Crown corporation executives in Saskatchewan earned more than $400,000 in the 2015-16 fiscal year with the highest-paid employee taking home more than $500,000.
A payee disclosure report was released Monday by Crown Investments Corporation. It lists employee salaries of the Crown Investments Corporation of Saskatchewan and its Crown subsidiaries. This includes publicly-owned Crowns such as SaskTel, SaskPower and SaskEnergy.
SaskTel's Ron Styles topped the list of high earners, taking home $566,762 last year — almost $20,000 more than the previous year.
SaskEnergy CEO Douglas F. Kelln is the runner up, having earned $463,697 in 2015.
Top 10 earners from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016:
- Ron Styles (SaskTel) $566,762.
- Douglas F. Kelln (SaskEnergy) $463,697.
- Michael Marsh (SaskPower) $448,500.
- Blair Swystun (CIC) $ 442,922.
- Dwain Wells (SGI) $ 418,991.
- Don Thompson (SGI) $417,828.
- Doug Burnett (SaskTel) $415,817.
- Earl Cameron (SGI) $ 415,339.
- Sherry Wolf (SGI) $ 414,691.
- Tamara Erhardt (SGI) $ 403,215.
The report provides ministerial and board member expenses, employees who received more than $50,000 in compensation, suppliers who received more than $50,000 for goods and services, and grants, contributions, donations and sponsorships of more than $5,000.
The full report can he viewed here.