Saskatchewan

2 cats die in house fire on Milne Street in Regina

Two cats died in a house fire on Milne Street in Regina Thursday.

Teenager taken to hospital as a precaution

Two cats perished in a fire in the basement of a home on Milne Street in Regina. (Trent Peppler/CBC)

Two cats died following a basement fire in Regina Thursday.

Fire crews were called to the 100 block of Milne Street, in northwest Regina, just before 1 p.m. CST.

They encountered heavy smoke from a fire which was in the basement of the home. After tending to the fire, they found two cats had perished.

A teenager was also taken to hospital as a precaution.

There was no immediate word on the cause of the fire.

The fire was in the basement of the home. (Trent Peppler/CBC)

now