6 things to do in Saskatchewan on a holiday Monday
Ribs, theatre, dinosaurs and more
Who says there's nothing to do on the holiday? Events are around every corner and there's still time to check them out.
Here's five fun things you and your family can do right now:
1. Eat ribs — Saskatoon Ribfest wraps up today in Diefenbaker Park. It runs to day from 11 am. to dusk. In addition to all the ribs, the event also features live music.
2. Go see a dinosaur — Eastend's T.rex Discovery Centre is open until 6. It's the home of Scotty the T. rex, one of the most complete Tyrannosaurus skeletons ever found.
3. Take part in Fringefest — Theatre, arts, crafts, food and and busking are available in Saskatoon's Broadway district today until 10:30 p.m.
4. Tour a heritage schoolhouse — The Little Stone Schoolhouse at 110 Clinic Pl. in Saskatoon is holding an open house until 2 p.m.
5. Ride a steam train — You can ride the Moose Jaw Western Development Museum's steam locomotive today and it's only $3 per person. It runs until 4 p.m. at the museum grounds at 50 Diefenbaker Dr.
6. Catch a ball game — Championship softball goes this afternoon in Regina at 1 p.m. with the Western Canadian U16 medal rounds. Diamonds are at 9th street and Broad St. There's also Red Sox playoff baseball tonight in Regina at Currie Field (7 p.m.)