P.E.I. cabinet shuffle: Sonny Gallant and Pat Murphy in, Richard Brown out
New portfolio created for Minister of Rural and Regional Development
MLAs Sonny Gallant and Pat Murphy were sworn into P.E.I.'s cabinet on Wednesday afternoon.
Gallant is taking over from Richard Brown as the Minister of Workforce and Advanced Learning.
Premier thanks <a href="https://twitter.com/RichardBrownPEI">@RichardBrownPEI</a> for his service, says he'll continue to be a leader. No word on why he's out. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/peipoli?src=hash">#peipoli</a>—@kerrywcampbell
Murphy took on a newly created portfolio as the Minister of Rural and Regional Development.
Government photog now doing his own cabinet shuffling, setting up official photo. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/peipoli?src=hash">#peipoli</a> <a href="https://t.co/U8eKpAllVF">pic.twitter.com/U8eKpAllVF</a>—@kerrywcampbell
11 now in cabinet
With the changes, cabinet now consists of:
- Premier Wade MacLauchlan: Justice and Public Safety and Attorney General, Intergovernmental Affairs, Aboriginal Affairs, Acadian and Francophone Affairs, Labour.
- Doug Currie: Education, Early Learning and Culture.
- Alan McIsaac: Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Allen Roach: Finance.
- Robert Henderson: Health and Wellness
- Paula Biggar: Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy.
- Robert Mitchell: Communities, Land and Environment.
- Heath MacDonald: Economic Development and Tourism.
- Tina Mundy: Family and Human Services.
- Sonny Gallant: Workforce and Advance Learning.
- Pat Murphy: Rural and Regional Development.
The last shuffle was just over a year ago. Currie went to education, Mundy came in as family & human services, Henderson health.—@kerrywcampbell
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Don't eat on it, and other rules: 8 ways to treat the Canadian flag with respect
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | 'I have a couple of good years': Charlottetown man adjusts to life with ALS
With files from Kerry Campbell