P.E.I. launches new employment website
WorkPEI.ca includes jobs, government services, stats
A new government website aimed at matching job seekers with employers is now up and running.
WorkPEI.ca provides job postings, resume sharing and job matching for anyone looking for a job or employers looking to hire staff.
It also features occupational profiles and information on current P.E.I. supports and services available to Islanders.
It is free to register.
"There are job opportunities on Prince Edward Island and WorkPEI.ca can make it easier for these individuals to connect with each other," said Workforce and Advanced Learning Minister Richard Brown.
The site also features an economic dashboard that highlights labour market trends and statistics.
For example, it currently shows on P.E.I.:
- The unemployment rate is 11.5 per cent, up 0.5 per cent from last year.
- 7,680 people are on EI.
- The population is 146,900, up 0.4 per cent from last year.
- Average earnings are $815 a week.
- As of March, 705 new cars were sold, up 41.4 per cent over that time last year.
- Housing starts (new units) are down 26.4 per cent in the first quarter over last year.
MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Lobster size decision was 'responsible, sustainable,' says new minister
MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Holland College tuition going up 2%