COVID-19 on P.E.I.: What's happening Tuesday, Feb. 2
Pharmacists will be allowed to give COVID-19 vaccinations
The P.E.I. government has made the changes in law required to allow pharmacists to provide vaccinations that can protect Islanders against COVID-19.
Traditional storm days have changed on P.E.I. now that more people have the tools to work remotely.
The executive director of the Community Association of Long Term Care on P.E.I. says members are frustrated by the lack of clarity around compensation from the province for expenses incurred because of COVID-19 public health guidelines.
Dr. Heather Morrison's regular COVID-19 briefing was cancelled due to the storm. On Monday, two new cases of COVID-19 were reported.
The total number of positive COVID-19 cases reported on P.E.I. is 112, with five active. There have been no deaths or hospitalizations.
New Brunswick reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday. There are now 267 active cases in the province, including three cases of a coronavirus variant.
One new case was reported in Nova Scotia, bringing its total active cases to 10.
Also in the news
- Charlottetown's traditional Jack Frost Festival has been called off, but the city is planning a month of more pandemic-safe events.
- Holland College has saved some money during the pandemic, and it is taking those savings and creating new scholarships for students.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for the oyster business in so many ways, and finding new customers is one of them.
- Here is a chart of COVID-19 cases on P.E.I. since March, and a timeline of pandemic events.
- Here is a look at how coronavirus is spreading across Canada.
Reminder about symptoms
The symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- Cough or worsening of a previous cough.
- Possible loss of taste and/or smell.
- Sore throat.
- New or worsening fatigue.
- Shortness of breath.
- Runny nose.
More from CBC P.E.I.
- An earlier version of this story said two new cases Monday brought the total since March 2020 to 113. The case total as of Feb. 1 was actually 112.Feb 03, 2021 4:02 PM AT