Fire destroys poultry barn in Belmont, P.E.I.
Miscouche fire chief says the likely cause was an electrical problem.
Fire destroyed a poultry barn Sunday morning in Belmont.
The chief of the Miscouche fire department said they were called to the scene at around 6 a.m.
Jason Woodbury wasn't sure how many chickens were inside but said all the poultry, died.
"When we arrived on scene it was an adjacent building to a residential house," said Woodbury. "The building was used for a small poultry farm. When we arrived on scene it was fully involved. The building is a complete loss."
"There were no injuries. The poultry obviously perished in the fire. We requested mutual aid from the Wellington fire department, our neighbouring department. At this time the fire is not under investigation and estimated damage is approximately $20,000. "
Woodbury said the cause of the fire was likely an electrical problem.
He said the building was insured.