Charlottetown propane leak caused by faulty connection
A faulty connection caused a propane leak that had police block off parts of Charlottetown, north of the downtown core, Sunday afternoon.
Fire Inspector Winston Bryan said the cause of the leak was a faulty hose connection between the truck and distribution centre.
Emergency crews responded to the site of an Irving station north of downtown around 12 p.m. after people reported a strong smell of propane.
People were cleared out of the area of Allen and Prince streets.
Police were redirecting traffic away from Allen Street near Mount Edward Road right down to Prince Street for about an hour.
Fire crews, with help from the provincial hazardous materials team, sprayed down the site for well over half an hour to contain the propane vapours. There were reports of smoke, but no flames were visible.