15 P.E.I. lighthouses receive heritage designation
Heritage designations were awarded to 15 lighthouses across Prince Edward Island Wednesday by Tourism and Culture Minister Rob Henderson.
The lighthouses are situated all across the Island.
- Leards Front Range Lighthouse, Victoria
- Cape Egmont Lighthouse, Cape Egmont
- Blockhouse Lighthouse, Rocky Point
- Cape Bear Lighthouse, Beach Point
- East Point Lighthouse, East Point
- Indian Head Lighthouse, Lower Bedeque
- New London Range Lighthouse, Park Corner
- North Cape Lighthouse, Seacow Pond
- North Rustico Lighthouse, North Rustico
- Panmure Head Lighthouse, Panmure Island
- Point Prim Lighthouse, Point Prim
- Seacow Head Lighthouse, Fernwood
- Wood Islands Lighthouse, Wood Islands
- Souris Historic Lighthouse, Souris
- West Point Lighthouse, West Point
“Lighthouses are a defining characteristic of the Island’s coastline and an extremely important part of our marine history," said Henderson in a news release.
The lighthouses were reviewed for historical significance by the Heritage Places Advisory Board.