Blistering high of 35 C, humidex of 41 today in Ottawa as heat warning continues
Taking in the Perseid meteor shower tonight? Partly cloudy skies, chance of showers expected
Yes, the heat warning rolls on and on. Looks like relief won't be here until Saturday, and even then the temperature will be in the mid to upper 20s.
A high of 35 C is expected Thursday, and with the humidity factors in it'll feel more like 41. Just great. There's a high UV index of eight, so slap on the sunscreen.
Special Perseid meteor shower forecast for overnight
Taking in the Perseids? They're set to peak between 3 a.m. and dawn, so that's the best time to have a look.
Partly cloudy skies are expected overnight with a 30 per cent chance of showers and a downright warm low of 22 C. At least you won't be chilly.
Just witnessed this "dance of the butterflies". Another scorcher today Ottawa. 21° already. High 35. Humidex 40.⛅️ <a href="https://t.co/wg6mpTshnn">pic.twitter.com/wg6mpTshnn</a>—@BlacksWeather
As for Friday, mainly cloudy skies are expected with a 40 per cent chance of showers, a risk of a thunderstorm, a high of 31 C, and a humidex of 41. Overnight Friday cloudy periods are expected with a 60 per cent chance of showers or thunderstorms, and a low of 18 C.
So far, Saturday and Sunday look to bring mixed skies with highs of 25 C and 27 C, respectively. There's a 30-40 per cent chance of rain Saturday as well. Here's hoping we get some.