Ottawa Votes 2014: #CBCStreetTalk
What do you think would make your neighbourhood a better place?
From Sept. 22 to Oct. 23, CBC Ottawa will visit the 23 electoral wards in the city of Ottawa to get the inside track on the issues people are talking about on the eve of the upcoming municipal election.
#CBCstreetTalk will cut through the spin of the campaign trail to get right to the heart of what residents want from city politicians.
We want to hear from you. What do you think would make your neighbourhood a better place?
How you can find us
Friday, Sept. 26, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Ward 7, Bay Ward: Along the bike path opposite Lincoln Fields Transitway Station.
Monday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Ward 4, Kanata Ward: In front of the strip mall at Terry Fox Drive and March Road, across from Alcatel.
Tuesday, Sept. 30, 12 to 1 p.m.
- Ward 12, Rideau Vanier: At McDonald Gardens Park near the Gazebo on Tormey St, near Rideau and Charlotte streets. Meet Lucy van Oldenbarneveld, co-host of CBC TV News.
Wednesday, Oct. 1, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Ward 9, Knoxdale Merivale: At the Tim Hortons at the corner of Knoxdale Road and Woodroffe Avenue.
Thursday, Oct. 2, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Ward 2, Innes: At the Blackburn Hamlet mini mall intersection located at 2640 Innes Road.
Friday Oct. 3, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Ward 6, Stittsville: Main Street near Hazeldean Road at the commercial centre with a Tim Hortons and grocery store.
Where we've been
Monday, Sept. 22, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Ward 10, Gloucester Southgate: Towngate Mall, Bank Street & Hunt Club Road
Tuesday, Sept. 23, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Ward 17, Capital Ward: Outside Bridgehead at Bank Street & Grove Street. Meet Hallie Cotnam, host of Ottawa Morning, heard weekdays from 5:30 – 8:30 a.m. on CBC Radio One, 91.5 FM!
Wednesday, Sept. 24, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Ward 20, Osgoode: Tim Hortons on River Road, Manotick.
Thursday, Sept. 25, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Ward 11, Beacon Hill Cyrville: In front of the Mongolian Village and Transitway at Gloucester Centre.